Appearance: Gray, acrid haze, some soot.
Exposure: Long duration. Hot, smoky open fire.
Odor: acrid smoky odor, varying from light to medium intensity.
Soiling: Distinct "amber" smoke film on all surfaces. Some soot will appear on horizontal surfaces. Smoke film will be found inside cupboards and drawers in area closest to smoke access point.
Normal Restoration Requirements:
Odor: Deodorizing Service required, ULV FOGGER (wet fog) and/or THERMAL FOGGER (dry fog). Provides initial odor reduction; cleaning should remove balance of odor. If not, additional fogging may be required.
Wall and Ceiling will require wet or dry cleaning (test to determine).
- Hard or soft furnishing cleaning may be needed-test
- Garments, draperies and household items may need cleaning (inspect). Bric-a-Brac cupboard content may need cleaning. (Maid Service).
- Carpets: rule of thumb - if walls and ceilings need cleaning, clean the carpets.
- Ductwork: check filters and openings. May need cleaning and seal treatment.
- Decorating (painting or wall covering): usually not required.